Smurf at Last!    Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » Smurfs have no bones
Author Topic: Smurfs have no bones
Philip Clark
Smurfling
Member # 701

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-06-2004 10:54 PM      Profile for Philip Clark       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This subject continues to arise, and I just wanted to clear it up once and for all.

Smurfs have no bones. When electricity lights up a Smurf's body in X-ray fashion, those are NOT bones you are seeing. Smurfs receive internal support via cartilage and a bunch of blue rubbery stuff similar to cartilage.

Any Smurf skeleton you think you might have seen is a fraud.

Regards,
Philip Clark [Pirate Smurf]

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 12-07-2004 09:18 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi Philip,

I justed checked and my bones are "all there".

I think you're thinking of Spongebob:

-

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

crys
Smurfling
Member # 703

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-07-2004 09:45 AM      Profile for crys       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, you sure shut him down quickly. What if he's right? Lots of people think they're nose is a bone, but it's really just cartilidge.
Philip Clark
Smurfling
Member # 701

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-07-2004 07:37 PM      Profile for Philip Clark       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Crys is correct in pointing up the difference between bones and cartilage. Remember that human infants have skeletons made out of cartilage; these are gradually replaced by bone as the child grows to be more than three apples tall.

Cartilage provides a firm but flexible framework, well suited to the Smurfing lifestyle. Have you ever seen an anvil fall on a Smurf and squash him flat? Two minutes later he's up and walking around like it's no big deal. That is the power of bonelessness.

Regards,

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 12-08-2004 12:37 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi Philip!

Well smurf is me...I am quite resilient now that I think about it. Is that why there is no Doctor Smurf? Your hypothesis does help answer a lot of questions.

Handy Smurf, you need to make a Smurf-Ray and settle this once and for all!

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Philip Clark
Smurfling
Member # 701

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-08-2004 01:40 PM      Profile for Philip Clark       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
A Smurf-Ray would be very instructive!

Or we could have a smurftopsy. But my stomach is very smurfish, and I don't think I'd be able to watch.

Regards,

"Take a ride and you're sure to be impressed,
You'll love the Smurfing Land Express"

xSmurfettex
Smurfette
Member # 416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-08-2004 03:41 PM      Profile for xSmurfettex       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Now, let's not get our panties in a bunch over this, guys.

Smurfs are merely ink and paper, and if they did exist... well... I wouldn't know what to think.

--------------------
"You need to do something for *you*. Buy some beer!"

"Just imagine you're weightless in the middle of the ocean surrounded by tiny, little seahorses."

Posts: 130 | From: Baltimore Women's House of Detention aka, the Big Dollhouse. | Registered: Dec 2003
<lilemon>
unregistered

Icon 1 posted 12-08-2004 03:44 PM          Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
there is no smurftopsy! YOUR SICK! [Frown]
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted 12-09-2004 12:23 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I agree Lilemon!

Philip is very incorrect in his reference to a smurftopsy.

Brainy, Jokey and Greedy do indeed seem to be in mortal peril quite often though...but they are always able to hide or run away just in time. Nothing, however, can save Brainy from being tossed on his head!

[Smile]

--------------------

Philip Clark
Smurfling
Member # 701

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-09-2004 05:24 PM      Profile for Philip Clark       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I apologize if I offended anyone's sensibilities with my reference to a smurftopsy.

By the way... notice which cartoon character is conspicuously absent from this gallery...

Regards,

<Red>
unregistered

Icon 1 posted 12-10-2004 11:08 PM          Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Philip Clark:
I apologize if I offended anyone's sensibilities with my reference to a smurftopsy.

By the way... notice which cartoon character is conspicuously absent from this gallery...

[Pirate Smurf]

I noticed a mistake in that gallery... Schmoo didn't have any bones. He could take any shape. Therefore, no skelton. Fakery, I say, fakery! (ahahahahaheh)
<Red>
unregistered

Icon 1 posted 12-10-2004 11:09 PM          Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Skeleton, **** it, skeleton. I can spell, I swear.
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 12-11-2004 02:34 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by <Red>:
Skeleton, **** it, skeleton. I can spell, I swear.

Hi Red!

We all know that it was a Freudian slip because you're such a big Red Skelton fan. [Wink]

On another note, I wish I could find my Calvin & Hobbes book with Calvin's skeleton in it...truly fantastic.

[Smile]

--------------------

vanitysmurf
Smurf
Member # 718

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted 12-20-2004 10:37 PM      Profile for vanitysmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Papa Smurf:
Hi Philip!

Well smurf is me...I am quite resilient now that I think about it. Is that why there is no Doctor Smurf? Your hypothesis does help answer a lot of questions.

Handy Smurf, you need to make a Smurf-Ray and settle this once and for all!

[Smile]

Hey papa smurf, I realise this is kind of ancient, but stillll, I wanted to say that there is indeed a doctor smurf, I have the play set with his lab it rules, rocks my socks in fact, hoo ha ha [Pirate Smurf]
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 12-21-2004 08:45 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vanitysmurf:
Hey papa smurf, I realise this is kind of ancient, but stillll, I wanted to say that there is indeed a doctor smurf, I have the play set with his lab it rules, rocks my socks in fact, hoo ha ha [Pirate Smurf]

Hi Vanity,

Of course! What a silly Smurf I've been. Considering the fact the whole Doctor's Office set is available in the bluebuddies.com Loc Blocks section, I should have known better.

So that settles it! Why else would there be a doctor Smurf? I submit that we Smurfs have bones and plenty of them!

[Smile]

--------------------

<dr smurfenwald>
unregistered

Icon 2 posted 12-09-2005 06:19 AM     's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Heyho! Has a Smurf ever broken a leg or arm etc? That would put this all to rest.
Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 12-09-2005 09:16 AM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by <dr smurfenwald>:
Heyho! Has a Smurf ever broken a leg or arm etc? That would put this all to rest.

Funny you should ask that question... Yes in fact...in an early episode, Hefty Smurf broke his leg. The episode is called "Hefty and the Wheelsmurfer".

Plus, in the last season during the smurfs time-travel, Papa Smurf put an ice crystal instead of one of the time crystals in the 3D time crystal puzzle and what appeared to have been electricuting him (which did show an X-ray of his entire skeletal system.) The episode where you can see that is "No Reflextion on Vanity"

So the answer to this question is, Yes, Smurfs do have bones [Razz]

Have a Smurfy Day!
Raven Child.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

vanitysmurf
Smurf
Member # 718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-12-2005 08:43 PM      Profile for vanitysmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
haha this subject again...
Eep²
Smurf
Member # 1249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2006 11:48 AM      Profile for Eep²   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Further proof smurfs have bones (from "The Miracle Smurfer"):

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-11-2006 02:08 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
NICE find eep. I wouldn't believe it if i didn't see it for myself!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-12-2006 06:41 AM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
What a cool image! I never thought of the Smurfs having bones before. Now I know! [Big Grin]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Vega
Smurf
Member # 1321

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-14-2006 03:22 PM      Profile for Vega       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Every living being needs a skeleton which will support his body, so i`m pretty sure and agree with Raven Child that Smurfs DO have bones.

twinklybits
Smurfling
Member # 1526

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 09-26-2006 09:30 AM      Profile for twinklybits       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I had a small rubber Smurf with his arm in a sling and his foot in a cast. I think the Smurfs have bones too.
Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-27-2006 05:34 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by twinklybits:
I had a small rubber Smurf with his arm in a sling and his foot in a cast. I think the Smurfs have bones too.

Awe, poor lil' smurf. Sounds like it was a cute minature...do you have a picture of it?

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-24-2007 09:48 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Is that a cupcake in his tummy? It looks delicious!!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.