Smurf at Last!                         Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Smurfs DVD news! (Page 9)
Author Topic: Smurfs DVD news!
Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-30-2009 03:54 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kojinka_Sketchette:
You're kidding!
 -

LOL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I nearly peed myself when I saw this. This is HILARIOUS! [Big Grin]
Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-03-2009 11:56 AM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
[Sigh] What was W. B. thinking? They said they'll release the DVD's in season sets. But no, they just made Season 2 in random sets. What a waste of time. [Frown]

And once again, I rather wait till they release all of the Season 2 eps. [Frown]

--------------------
The destination of this train is: Smurf Village

Posts: 600 | From: Milton, MA/Chile | Registered: Apr 2007
Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-05-2009 05:22 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
If the True Blue Friends DVD says Volume 1 on the side of the box, I wonder if they will come out with Volume 2 later on. It sure would be nice if they did. [Astro Smurf]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Archive Smurf
Baraduke Brainy / De-Evolution Smurf / Space Harrier Brainy / Oingo Boingo Smurf / ToonerSmurf Inc. / Smurfus Norsmurficus / Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-05-2009 06:45 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Amtrak, it really is a waste of time. You are correct! [Frown]
I'd go listen to Oingo Boingo now.

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-08-2009 10:02 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I just finished reading Papa's Review of The True Blue Friends DVD.

The new Smurf DVD - True Blue Friends was released March 3, 2009. It's a little collection of five Smurf episodes from Season 2.

1. S-Shivering S-Smurfs
2. Turncoat Smurf
3. The Smurf Who Couldn't Say No
4. The Haunted Castle
5. The Black Hellebore

-

There are great things about the new DVD and there are some things that could be improved too...

Pros:

+ 5 fun Smurf episodes from Season Two

+ Excellent bonus material - can't be found anywhere else!

+ Great price - won't break the bank on this one!

+ Any legitimate Smurf DVD is a good DVD!

Cons:

Smurf fans want to see complete seasons of the Smurfs released to DVD!

- Why has the format of releasing each complete season changed?
(ie Smurfs Season 1 - Vol. 1 & 2 are excellent DVDs!!)
- Can we expect to see the rest of Season Two episodes?
- This latest DVD lacks the high-quality digital video restoration seen in The Smurfs Season 1 vol. 1 & 2. (This DVD has the same quality as the original 1980s cartoons)

I wonder what Warner is up to...

Overall, I'm glad I bought the DVD. I love watching the Smurfs and now I can add five more episodes to my collection, plus the extras! I hope that future Smurfs DVDs are still coming and that we'll be able to get the complete seasons. Although this DVD is priced less than the The Smurfs Season 1 Vol. 1 & 2, I would rather pay a few extra dollars to get the amazing quality of S1V1&2 and have complete seasons. It would also be nice if the video is digitally re-mastered (like S1V1&2) on future DVDs too!

[Razz]

-

[Wink]

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Natural Smurf
Smurf
Member # 2702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 03-08-2009 01:38 PM      Profile for Natural Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
well,well,I would say that This new DVD thing has no volumes and no seasons because it is a family Funny video,So that is the case.CASE CLOSED!
Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-08-2009 08:50 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I too wish that it could be like the earlier DVDs, but I'm just glad that I have more Smurfs episodes to watch and enjoy! [Cool]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 03-10-2009 07:23 PM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Ditto, Cool Smurf!

Here's a picture of the True Blue Friends disc...

-
The Smurfs Volume 1 - True Blue Friends

I hope this means that more volumes are soon to follow!
[Wink]

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Debbie
Smurf
Member # 2688

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-01-2009 06:57 AM      Profile for Debbie   Author's Homepage  Debbie's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Looks like Vol. 1 must have sold well, because on August 18th, WHV has scheduled another one-disc Smurfs DVD, "Smurfy Tales", according to TV Shows on DVD:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Smurfs-Volume-2/11796

--------------------
http://www.fluffyandmervin.com

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-01-2009 07:40 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Good to see it Smurfy Smurf! Like the last one they're all from season two.

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Archive Smurf
Baraduke Brainy / De-Evolution Smurf / Space Harrier Brainy / Oingo Boingo Smurf / ToonerSmurf Inc. / Smurfus Norsmurficus / Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-01-2009 01:25 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Warner Bros. really must sell them in season sets instead of these echoey volumes because we all like that Smurfs show!!!
[Mad]
I seem to have an uncontrollable urge over the company giving up season sets forever.
I'M DONE WITH THIS ISSUE!!
[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-01-2009 07:01 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
At least they have another volume coming out instead of no volumes coming out. [Smile]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Debbie
Smurf
Member # 2688

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-02-2009 08:37 AM      Profile for Debbie   Author's Homepage  Debbie's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
That's how I look at it, too. Shorter DVDs are better than NO Smurfs DVDs at all.

--------------------
http://www.fluffyandmervin.com

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-02-2009 12:23 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I agree Smurfy Debbie!! 90 minutes is better than none. And at least we get more from season two!!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-26-2009 09:32 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's the latest news for the smurfs DVD.
The smurfs:smurfy tales the second
smurfs collection after the smurfs true blue friends.and the fourth release after the smurfs: season 1 vol.1&2
The Smurfs:smurfy tales
will be release on august 18 2009.
pre-order now at www.amazon.com

--------------------
I'm Brainy Smurf's alter ego one that didn't wearing glasses...for now...
"Eyesight 200/20 but I always see what's on my mind"

Posts: 694 | From: Bangkok,Thailand | Registered: May 2009
Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-26-2009 02:01 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well, I'll probably come back for this...

Honestly, It's just not fair when they don't sell season sets but instead they do volumes! It takes so long!!! [Mad]
Warner Bros. must bring back the season sets NOW!!!! [Mad]
But at least there's still smurfs...
Why!?!?!? It's like they sell 5 episodes in every long time period!!! [Mad]

Sorry, if I over-anger myself over this, but they have to bring the season sets back, it really gets my gut. Really, gets my gut...

At least this is better than no more episodes being sold to market... but STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really have some hope that somewhere, we can find Smurfs Season #2 season set... [Frown] I'm kind of upset... because it just... takes so long to release every single Season 2 episode (due to volume sets)... it's faster if they do SEASON SETS!!!!!!!

What is wrong with W.B.??? Are they mad about selling season sets & decided to recap and go SLOWER???
[Mad] [Mad]
Grrr...... I have problems......

Season sets must...... come back....... it's a mad situation............

Smurfysmarts
Smurf
Member # 2756

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-26-2009 09:34 PM      Profile for Smurfysmarts       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Just 5? Great smurfs! [Eek!] [Frown]
Posts: 135 | From: Brainy's Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2009
Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted 05-27-2009 03:00 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yeah!i know it! that's why i didn't post the
news about WB give up the season sets!
[Mad]
it's terrible and sad!
but still better than nothing.
but SMURF! what a waste! [Mad]
after this post i need to calm down...

Archive Smurf
Member # 2350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-27-2009 03:15 PM      Profile for Archive Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I completely agree Smurfysmarts & Brainy Smurf Snaeha!!! It kills my throat that they give up season sets!!

Let's hope we start a parade called, "We Want More Smurf Season Sets"! Because this is just kicking my brain that they go slow & give up season sets! I'm bugged about W.B. going so selfishly slow.
[Mad]
I want to cry! You know, let lots of tears come out of my eyes...

Smurfysmarts
Smurf
Member # 2756

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 05-27-2009 04:14 PM      Profile for Smurfysmarts       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
If I had a company I'd release the season sets.
Posts: 135 | From: Brainy's Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2009
Kojinka Sketchette
Smurf
Member # 2365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 06-12-2009 05:25 PM      Profile for Kojinka Sketchette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I too prefer the Season x volume y and z format because it provides more free space on home shelves. (I have so many DVDs, half of which belonged to my mom)

--------------------
The village nutcase.

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-18-2009 02:58 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Did anybody buy the new Smurfs' Smurfy Tales DVD today? I sure did! [Cool]

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Oakley Smurf
Brainy Smurf Snaeha
Member # 2823

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-20-2009 03:54 AM      Profile for Oakley Smurf   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I will buy the new Smurfs'Smurfy Tales DVD.
But not around this time because
my cousin still not come to thailand after
we last met early of june with my list of
items that i would like him to buy it for me.
Including smurfs true blue friends DVD
and other rare smurfs items.
He'll be arrive in thailand about the end of
august or early september,i hope...
Anyway,i agree with Konjinka Sketchette
Because my house have a mountain of DVD and CDs
I guess if include with the others that i just
disposed it maybe more than 200 copies in total!
But still need to buy this one!

--------------------
I'm Brainy Smurf's alter ego one that didn't wearing glasses...for now...
"Eyesight 200/20 but I always see what's on my mind"

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-20-2009 11:52 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I bought it too Cool Smurf! I love it! I watched the one with the giggle potion. Grouchy sounds so funny when he laughs!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-21-2009 11:18 AM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
On the biographies, they show clips from episodes that haven't come out on DVD yet. Will those come out, too?

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2018 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.