Smurf at Last!                         Smurfs 2 Movie Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  18  19    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Smurfs DVD news! (Page 7)
Author Topic: Smurfs DVD news!
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-27-2008 06:27 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Not sure if this was commented on before, but from this site's review of Season 1, Volume 1:

quote:
Also of interest: the famous Smurf TV show introduction is missing from this collection. Although the true-blue Smurfs theme tune plays throughout the main menu of the disc, the only version of the Smurfs introduction included is from 1981. Why? Can't we get a legitimate Smurf DVD release with the standard introduction as seen on Boomerang - the one with the song we all know and love?

I believe the reason for the use of the 1981-1982 season intro sequence (as it was for the Australian import version, sans the authentic music) is to basically keep this volume release as authentic with the season in question. The "standard introduction as seen on Boomerang" is actually a shortened version of the 1984-1985 season intro sequence found on the two World Vision Smurfs cartoon compilation VHS tape releases (both of which containing episodes from that season), and frankly I really don't care to see the shortened intro sequence of a later season appearing in all season compilations. I'd rather much have all the seasons have all of their own season intro sequences included AS IS, like the 1982-1983 season's "smurfsong with lyrics" intro, to keep the releases as authentic to their original Saturday morning airings as possible.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

mightyboy
Smurfling
Member # 2414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 07-29-2008 09:13 AM      Profile for mightyboy       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hey All,

Just read the thread - I can see it started back 2005...

Not sure if anyone noticed at the bottom of this page is an Ad for:

All 430 episode, 9 seasons on DVD???

If you follow this link, you can get the same product for $15 dollars cheaper...

Thought you might like to know...

Or is this not what you are all waiting for??

Please explain...???

Posts: 3 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-29-2008 01:08 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The "all 430 episodes, 9 seasons" DVD set is actually a low-to-middle quality set of episodes recorded from the syndicated cartoon show on TV or from other sources, and it actually DOES NOT contain all the episodes -- its count is more around 300. I bought the same set from two different places, and they're both rather identical to each other except for the packaging. You're better off waiting for Warner Home Video to do the honors of releasing all 9 seasons in their volume sets.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 07-29-2008 01:33 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm so glad that this is actually coming out for sale!

I hope they have the episodes like "The Purple Smurfs" and "The Magic Egg" on there.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
mightyboy
Smurfling
Member # 2414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 07-30-2008 06:25 AM      Profile for mightyboy       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks for the clarification...

I was contemplating buying the advertised product. But thought I ought to research a little first - hence I stumbled onto this site...

I am glad I signed up and saved some money - i am guessing you would not recommend buying the low-middle qualiy set ?

Thanks for the help.

I grew up watching the smurfs and would now like for my children to enjoy them too...So I want to join the choir - please point me in the right direction on who's door i must pound on, or petitions to sign on!!!

Posts: 3 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2008
swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-03-2008 03:48 AM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Agreed on the original openings being in tact for any future DVDs from Warner Brothers.
Posts: 419 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-03-2008 03:55 AM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shane J:
It's about Smurfin' time! Volume 2 is finally getting released this October.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Smurfs-Season-1-Volume-2/10066

Saw it on a DVD I bought recently. [Smile]

--------------------
Every day in every way I am smurfy!

Posts: 419 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
jorgefer11
Smurfling
Member # 2486

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 09-13-2008 05:55 AM      Profile for jorgefer11       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I have 422 episodes of the Smurfs including the near impossible to get season 8. Let me know if any of you are interested. my e-mail is jorgegloria@comcast.net
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-13-2008 08:35 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The impossible-to-get episode I'm looking for is the four-part "Smurf On The Wild Side" from Season 7. So far I've only managed to download Part 1.

--------------------

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-07-2008 07:40 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Season 1 Volume 2 is now out (and I already have a copy thanks to pre-ordering on Amazon.com), and, just like the first volume, they kept the Season 1 intro sequence intact (yay!).

Link to the product on Amazon.com

--------------------

Smurfy Smurfer
Smurfling
Member # 2168

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 10-08-2008 05:41 PM      Profile for Smurfy Smurfer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
In what order are episodes of s1v2 situated? Could you give a list? I can't find it in the internet
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-08-2008 06:38 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The episodes featured in this collection include:

DISC 1:
1. The Magic Egg
2. Smurfette's Dancing Shoes
3. Supersmurf
4. The Baby Smurf
5. The Fake Smurf
6. Paradise Smurfed
7. Sir Hefty
8. The Purple Smurfs
9. Haunted Smurf
10. Sideshow Smurfs

DISC 2:
1. The Magnifying Mixture
2. Foul Weather Smurf
3. Painter And Poet
4. The Abominable Snowbeast
5. Gargamel The Generous
6. Now You Smurf 'Em, Now You Don't
7. The Fountain Of Smurf
8. Spelunking Smurfs
9. The Clockwork Smurf
10. The Smurfs And The Money Tree

--------------------

Kojinka Sketchette
Smurf
Member # 2365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-10-2008 08:12 AM      Profile for Kojinka Sketchette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Any idea on the price?

--------------------
The village nutcase.

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-10-2008 02:41 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
$20 on Amazon, $25 to $30 if you do Buy It Now on probably around the same price range in your local video or department store.

--------------------

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-10-2008 04:33 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
The order has been placed on Amazon for me, I'm just waiting for it to arrive now. Can't wait. I hope they keep releasing these from each season until they are all released. Please please please.
Kojinka Sketchette
Smurf
Member # 2365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-10-2008 05:21 PM      Profile for Kojinka Sketchette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I still find the whole volume tactic ridiculous. Wouldn't it be more convenient if they released the entire season in one box set without separating the season into different volume sets?
Sigh. I'm afraid, to them, it's all about
 -

--------------------
The village nutcase.

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-10-2008 05:27 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
If you had all 420 episodes (including the specials, which I counted as episodes) released by Warner Home Video, done with the same quality as their Season 1 volume sets, as one single box set with multiple discs, I think the price of that would run up to the $200 range, maybe less or more.

--------------------

Kojinka Sketchette
Smurf
Member # 2365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-10-2008 09:12 PM      Profile for Kojinka Sketchette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Not all the episodes in one set. One season per set.

Like why couldn't they just put the entire first season into one set, and so on and so forth.

--------------------
The village nutcase.

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-11-2008 08:45 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Bear in mind, Kojinka, that some seasons have twice or even three times as many episodes as some of the smaller seasons, since during the smaller seasons there have been aired repeats of episodes from Season 1 (and probably even Season 2), and there are also the two seasons that have four-part episodes, like Season 6's "Smurfquest" (that introduced Grandpa Smurf) and Season 7's "Smurf On The Wild Side" (that introduced Wild). Plus there are the specials to factor in, which require space on a DVD as well. With those things to consider, some seasons would cost you more for a complete box set than others.

--------------------

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-11-2008 04:04 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I bought the Smurfs DVD at Target for $16.99 on Tuesday.

I didn't know that so many scenes are cut in syndication, especially "The Abominable Snowbeast".

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Kojinka Sketchette
Smurf
Member # 2365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-11-2008 06:38 PM      Profile for Kojinka Sketchette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I plan on looking for volume 2 tomorrow when I drive back to the dorm.

--------------------
The village nutcase.

Amtrak Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-05-2008 08:08 PM      Profile for Amtrak Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hey, y'all. I finally got Season 1 Volume's 1 and 2 at my local Target. Yay, me. [Smile]

Now the question is: When will Season 2 be release? And yes, I think HB will also split that season into volumes too.

Oh well, let's just keep our eyes and ears peel for it. Toodles.

--------------------
The destination of this train is: Smurf Village

Posts: 600 | From: Milton, MA/Chile | Registered: Apr 2007
Kojinka Sketchette
Smurf
Member # 2365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-05-2008 09:08 PM      Profile for Kojinka Sketchette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm going to ask my grandma for volume 2 for Christmas.

--------------------
The village nutcase.

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-06-2008 06:07 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Season 2 is where they have the "Adventures Of Sir Johan And Peewit" episodes.

--------------------

Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-06-2008 05:35 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I hope that they do come out with season 2. It's really great having the Smurfs on DVD now that I don't have Boomerang anymore.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  18  19   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2019 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.