Smurf at Last!   Smurfs 2 Movie            Smurfs - The Lost Village
home | SMURF STORIES | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM
Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19    Previous Page  Next Page 
» Smurf Forum » Smurfs DVD news! (Page 5)
Author Topic: Smurfs DVD news!
Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-30-2007 11:41 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi Carl,

I'm sure the episodes on the DVDs will be uncut and in their original form. As for the bumpers I can say for certain that those will not be on the disks because those are from the NBC networks themselves and not from Hannah Barbara. Was that really Casey Kasem doing the voice over for those bumpers? Thinking about the voice now I can see how it can be him. Cool.

I'm sure the DVDs will have good menus and yes, they were certainly the biggest cartoon of the 80s. Every time I put an episode on today I feel like I'm transformed back to the 80s like a time machine. Great memories from an awesome childhood.

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-31-2007 09:58 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here is the press release from Oct 30 2007:

DISCOVER YOUR INNER SMURF!

WARNER HOME VIDEO RELEASES
THE EMMY-NOMINATED ORIGINAL CARTOON SERIES
SMURFS ON DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME
February 26, 2008

The Smurfs: Season 1, Volume 1 will feature 19 re-mastered cartoons
from the show's Premiere Season and Bonus Material in a two-disc DVD Box Set

Burbank, CA (October 29, 2007) - Consumers will sing "la-la-la-la-la-la" when Warner Home Video (WHV) releases The Smurfs: Season 1, Volume 1 on DVD February 26, 2008. The free-spirited and fun-loving Smurfs are back and ready to reclaim their super-smurf status when their first-ever DVD makes its way into retail outlets. Outfitted in dazzling O-sleeve packaging that features embossing and foil accents, the two-disc box set will contain 19 re-mastered and uncut cartoons from the series' premiere season, along with a special bonus episode, plus a Smurfs music video. The retail price is $26.99 SRP.

Nominated for an Emmy in 1982 for Outstanding Animated Program, the Smurfs will have viewers proclaiming "It's such a smurfy day," as they remember what it felt like to escape into the wonderful world of Smurf Village where everyone and everything lived in harmony. Until, of course, that smurfy world is turned upside down by the evil Gargamel and his malicious feline, Azrael, who constantly attempt to eat the adorable blue creatures. Led by 543-year-year old Papa Smurf, who doesn't look a day over 530, Brainy, Jokey, Smurfette and their entire village are sure to overcome any obstacle before them as they embark on fun-filled adventures guaranteed to keep both kids and grown-ups alike entertained for hours.

Enhanced content for The Smurfs: Season 1, Volume 1 includes:
  • Bonus episode: The Smurfs Springtime Special – In this episode, the Smurfs suffer at the hands of their arch-enemy, the evil wizard Gargamel, as Smurf village busies itself in preparations for Easter and a newly-hatched baby duck.
  • Smurfs: The Music Video - A music video featuring the famous title sound track, cut to the rhythm of the best moments from the first season.
"Viewers of all ages loved this series because the Smurfs were such well-created characters, the show's storylines were clever and inventive, and the quality of the animation was superb. The Smurfs have definitely secured their place in American pop culture. It's nearly twenty years after their original television run and they are still cherished by little kids and adults everywhere," commented Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Sports Marketing. He added, "This was one of the most popular cartoons on television in the 80's and was highly successful during its original broadcast. We anticipate the show's release on DVD will also be a big hit with consumers."

The Smurfs: Season 1, Volume 1 will be available from WHV on February 26, 2008 for $26.99 SRP in a two-disc box set. WHV will support the release of The Smurfs: Season 1, Volume 1 with a national advertising campaign targeting television and online media, which is estimated to generate over 125 million impressions. The television campaign will include advertisements on Cartoon Network, ABC Family, Nickelodeon, E! and MTV. Online efforts include advertisements with such sites such as Atom Films, UGO, AWN, Cartoon Network, MTV, Yahoo! and MySpace. Awareness for Smurfs will also be generated by a specially created Smurfs DVD website. An extensive online public relations campaign will also be implemented.

The Smurfs: Season 1, Volume 1
Street Date: February 26, 2008
DVD SRP: $26.99
Feature Running Time: Approx 345 min. + Approx 30 min EC

With operations in 90 international territories Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 10-31-2007 11:31 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks for posting that article. February of 2008 now? It was originally supposed to be December 5, 2007. I wonder why they pushed it back.
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-01-2007 05:49 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
As long as they don't keep pushing it back into infinity!

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-01-2007 11:48 AM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yeah, if they did that we would need to get Traveler Smurf involved. [Smile]
Cool Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1290

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-01-2007 05:39 PM      Profile for Cool Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
This sounds pretty awesome. I sure would like to get it when it comes out.

--------------------
RozStaw57 DeviantArt

Posts: 963 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Feb 2006
Sassette
Member # 2

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-02-2007 10:54 AM      Profile for Sassette   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's what it will look like...

-
The Smurfs Cartoon DVD - US Release

-
[Cool]

... can't wait!

--------------------
I love everything about Smurfs: The Lost Village Movie!!!

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-02-2007 12:01 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It's available for pre-order on Amazon. It's going for $19.99. How cool is that?
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 11-02-2007 02:05 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I got mine pre-ordered from Still don't like the Studio Peyo artwork it's inflicted with.

--------------------
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

1DirXtion
Smurfling
Member # 728

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 12-03-2007 11:55 PM      Profile for 1DirXtion   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
OMG, this was supposed to be my Christmas gift to myself and now I have to wait even longer. This sucks. I was ready to go into the store tomorrow to get this. So sad [Frown]

--------------------
www.MySpace.com/BylliCrayone

My Official MySpace

osmosis430
Smurfling
Member # 2114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-31-2008 12:16 AM      Profile for osmosis430   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
pretty cool cant wait for the dvd im long forward to the extras please god let it be loaded with extras behind the scenes original art commentary

i know june foray is speaking on the dvd shes going to sigh my dvd for me

check out this drawing i did back in 1987 when i was in 9th grade pretty scary

take care Dave N

--------------------
what Smurf you!

osmosis430
Smurfling
Member # 2114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-31-2008 12:21 AM      Profile for osmosis430   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
whoops still learning how to upload pics heres my smurfy pic

--------------------
what Smurf you!

VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-31-2008 06:29 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Not bad, and certainly not scary.

--------------------

Marianamersmurf
Smurf
Member # 1985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-31-2008 04:46 PM      Profile for Marianamersmurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I wonder why did they change the release date to the 26th of Febuary.

--------------------
Marianamersmurf

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-03-2008 12:38 AM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Yes it was Casey doing these bumpers on NBC and they will NOT be included on any future DVD releases. I pre-ordered mine two days ago.

--------------------
Every day in every way I am smurfy!

Posts: 421 | From: Kissimmee, Florida | Registered: Jan 2005
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 12:43 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
My rough-draft version of a fan-created front cover for the Warner Bros.-released Smurfs DVD Season 1 set, styled closer to the Hanna-Barberra versions of the Smurf characters:

-

--------------------

Raven Child
Member # 795

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-10-2008 10:02 PM      Profile for Raven Child   Author's Homepage   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Nice Job so far, Vic.

--------------------
"The Raven Child" website: http://www.theravenchild.com/

"Tales of Mytherwrel" facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TalesOfMytherwrel

swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-11-2008 02:48 AM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Agreed. That looks good, Vic.

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-11-2008 07:31 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Really Smurfy Vic George 2K8! [Big Grin]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

threeapplestall
Smurfling
Member # 2131

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-12-2008 05:54 PM      Profile for threeapplestall       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Smurfy1For2, I love your signature - "u wished u rocked as i". thats great.
swarlock
Smurf
Member # 746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-20-2008 03:58 AM      Profile for swarlock   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Got My Smurfs DVD yesterday It came with Smurf Stickers too. I was as happy a pig in smurf.

[Smile]

The first title opening was included too. I'll watch the rest today as I was too exhausted from my trip to Disney World yesterday.

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-20-2008 11:13 AM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Cool swarlock! Have you had a chance to look at it all yet? What is it like?

[Confused]

and How was Disney World? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

PS THANX threeapplestall [Smile]

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

The BIGGEST Smurf fan.
Smurf
Member # 1327

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-25-2008 11:30 AM      Profile for The BIGGEST Smurf fan.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Finely Tomorrows The Day Smurfs Fans. I'll be buying the Season1 Volume 1 at Wal-mart. I hope Season 1 Volume 2 comes out sometime soon too. Like I hopefully in 2 months and not more the 3 months.
I think I'll take the day off of work tomorrow and watch all 19 episodes.
I can't believe the DVD is finely here.

Shaney Smurf
Super Smurf
Member # 1345

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-25-2008 03:43 PM      Profile for Shaney Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I just ordered mine on Amazon last night. I just got a shipping confirmation today saying the item already shipped. I don't see how they were able to ship it today since the release date is tomorrow. I'm so excited, I can't wait.
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-25-2008 03:46 PM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I got a shipping confirmation from theseller I pre-ordered my copy from today.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   Previous Page  Next Page  Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2020 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensees.   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.