Click here to buy Smurf Halloween Costumes!
Smurf at Last!  
home | BUY SMURFS | FIGURINES | SMURF FACTS | FUN | SMURF FORUM | WIKI
Smurfs 2 Movie  Smurfs DVD  McDonald's Smurfs  Fan Art  Smurf Song  Smurfs Character Names  Cartoon Episode Guide
What is your Smurf Nickname?  Promo Smurf Figurines  Make a Smurf Costume  Smurfette  Send a Smurf Greeting Card
Smurfs Collector Bulletin Board System Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
search | my profile search | login | register | smurf community | faq | upload manager |
smurf forum | off-topic forum | role play forum

» Smurf Forum » an orchestrated piece in the smurfs, oh and HI!
Author Topic: an orchestrated piece in the smurfs, oh and HI!
Handy Smurf
Smurf
Member # 547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 08-19-2004 12:50 AM      Profile for Handy Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm looking for a musical piece that I have heard on a few movies and most distinctly in the Smurfs. It is a musical piece that is usually used when something exciting, menacing or dangerous is occurring. This is all I can describe. I think it was used in "A Circus for Baby" in one istant, but it was used a fair few times I'm sure.

Oh, BTW, Hi everyone. I just signed up.

Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted 08-20-2004 12:08 AM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi Handy, and welcome to the board.

Well, I know that they used a lot of classical music on the TV series, but I'm unsure as to the piece you're referring to. Has the piece been used in a movie that you can think of?

Vic George is quite knowledgeable about the TV show, perhaps he knows.

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Advertising Smurf
Smurfling
Member # 1385

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted on the 12th of Smurf 12:25 PM      Profile for Advertising Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Buy a Smurf DVD!

Handy Smurf
Smurf
Member # 547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 09-09-2004 07:31 AM      Profile for Handy Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well I found that orchestrated piece I was looking for. It was Schubert's Symphony in B Minor, No. 8 "Unfinished" first movement, "Allegro Moderato."
Vic George
Smurf
Member # 37

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 09-10-2004 09:57 AM      Profile for Vic George       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I really don't know much about the music that was used in the cartoon series.

--------------------
-- VIC GEORGE, Westfield, MA, USA

Posts: 222 | From: Westfield, MA, USA | Registered: Jul 1999
Handy Smurf
Smurf
Member # 547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 09-19-2004 09:04 AM      Profile for Handy Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Well the reason I found that part was because it was featured in the movie, 'Being There.' IMDB came in handy too since that piece was uncredited.
Papa Smurf
Administrator
Member # 1

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted 12-06-2004 08:20 PM      Profile for Papa Smurf   Author's Homepage  Papa Smurf's Figurine Checklist  Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Hi Handy Smurf, thanks for finding out this great info about the music in the Smurfs.

I've looked all through the Smurfs CDs and records for sale on the 'net and never found a soundtrack (or even an accurate listing) for the series - so far...

[Smile]

--------------------
Uploading Smurf pictures to our servers is EASY - show the world your smurfy find in a message!

Handy Smurf
Smurf
Member # 547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-07-2005 03:20 AM      Profile for Handy Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I'm restarting this thread for a second because there's another musical piece I was wondering about. Would anyone know what the sad musical theme is in the Smurfs? This is played when there is a sad moment that occurs. I think it's a voilin playing. It might be created by the Smurfs cartoon series musicians, or it could be a snippet from another music composition.
SoylentChewToy
Smurfling
Member # 825

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-08-2005 09:55 PM      Profile for SoylentChewToy       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
In addition to Schubert's symphony as noted above, Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" is the source of two themes used in Smurfs. The composition is about 34 minutes in length, and well worth experiencing, IMO.

Gargamel's theme starts about one and half minutes into the composition (little adaptation is made from the original). Another theme which I remember was used as a segway between scenes or after a commercial break is found about 10 minutes into the piece (a series of notes taken almost verbatim and looped).

If you like this work from Mussorgsky, then don't miss his "St. John's Night on Bare Mountain" piece.

Handy Smurf
Smurf
Member # 547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 02-16-2005 06:34 AM      Profile for Handy Smurf       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thanks for that SoylentChewToy. It's good to hear some of the titles of musical pieces that the Smurfs cartoon series appropriated. Would anyone else know of any others?
Smurfy Music
Smurfling
Member # 1265

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted 01-15-2006 05:44 PM      Profile for Smurfy Music       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
There are two parts from Modeste Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" (composed in 1874) that are in The Smurfs cartoon. They are Gnomus and Tuileries. Gnomus is the scary Gargamel music and Tuileries is the classic happy incidental smurfy music.

Click and save these midi files to your hard-drive or use Windows Media Player (or something like it) to have a listen. You'll recognize the music as soon as you hear it, especially Tuileries. Or just listen below:

♪ Listen to Gnomus Smurf Music

♪ Listen to Tuileries Smurf Music

--------------------
Let's make smurfy music!

Posts: 5 | From: Smurfing Sing-Song Land | Registered: Jan 2006
pudgy
Smurf
Member # 1241

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted 01-16-2006 02:09 PM      Profile for pudgy       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thank you I have been looking for that Smurf music for a long time.

THANK YOU.

Kojinka Sketchette
Smurf
Member # 2365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-01-2008 07:01 PM      Profile for Kojinka Sketchette       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Here's a listing of the musical pieces in the cartoon show.

• Johann Sebastian Bach, Brandenburg Concerto No. 2, BWV 1047 Allegro moderato
  • Johann Sebastian Bach, Concerto for harpsichord, strings & continuo No. 5, BWV 1056 Arioso. Largo
  • Johann Sebastian Bach, Orchestral Suite No. 3, BWV 1068 Gavotte
  • Ludwig van Beethoven, Piano Sonata No. 8 ("Pathétique"), first movement
  • Ludwig van Beethoven, Piano Sonata No. 14 ("Moonlight"), third movement.
    The above two tunes are frequently used in scenes where the Smurfs are in danger, or which otherwise have a great deal of dramatic tension.
  • Ludwig van Beethoven, Piano Sonata No. 23 ("Appassionata"), first movement
  • Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No. 1, first movement
  • Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No. 6 ("Pastoral"), first and fourth movements
  • Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No. 9 ("Choral"), second movement
  • Hector Berlioz, Symphonie fantastique, second movement
  • Léon Boëllmann, Suite Gothique: Toccata
  • Alexander Borodin, Polovtsian Dances (Fifth Dance: "Dance of the Boys")
  • Claude Debussy, Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune
  • Paul Dukas, The Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • Edward Elgar, Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 (Land of Hope and Glory)
  • César Franck, Symphony in D minor, first and second movements
  • Edvard Grieg, Peer Gynt: Morning Mood, In the Hall of the Mountain King (often heard when Mother Nature is present)
  • Edvard Grieg, Lyric Suite: March of the Dwarfs
  • Albert W. Ketelbey, In a Persian Market
  • Lev Knipper, Cavalry of the Steppes
  • Franz Liszt, Piano Concerto No. 1
  • Franz Liszt, Totentanz
  • Felix Mendelssohn, Spring Song
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, The Magic Flute
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, The Marriage of Figaro
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, German Dance, K. 605, No. 3
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Symphony #35 in D major, K.385 "Haffner", 4th movement (The Smurflings episode - slowed down version of the music)
  • Modest Mussorgsky, Pictures at an Exhibition: Gnomus, Tuileries (Gargamel's theme variation about 1.5 minutes in, and a scene segue part about 10 minutes in, are used in the cartoon)
  • Modest Mussorgsky, Night on the Bare Mountain
  • Sergey Prokofiev, Symphony No. 1 ("Classical"): Gavotta
  • Sergey Prokofiev, Peter and the Wolf
  • Sergey Prokofiev, Lieutenant Kijé
  • Sergei Rachmaninov, Prelude in G minor
  • Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Scheherazade
  • Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, The Snow Maiden: Dance of the Tumblers
  • Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, The Golden Cockerel
  • Gioachino Rossini, William Tell Overture
  • Camille Saint-Saëns, Symphony No. 3 ("Organ"), first movement
  • Franz Schubert, Symphony No. 8 ("Unfinished"), first movement. Used as theme music for Gargamel.
  • Jean Sibelius, Finlandia
  • Richard Strauss, Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche
  • Igor Stravinsky, The Firebird (Introduction)
  • Igor Stravinsky, Petrushka: Russian Dance
  • Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, The Nutcracker
  • Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 4: Finale (Allegro con fuoco)
  • Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 6 ("Pathétique"), second theme from first movement.
  • Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture
  • Richard Wagner, The Ring: Ride of the Valkyries

--------------------
The village nutcase.

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-01-2008 08:24 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I found it!!

Thanks a million, Kojinka_Sketchette!

--------------------
Keep on always smurfin'!!

Posts: 3251 | From: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Registered: Jul 2008
VicGeorge2010
Super Smurf
Member # 300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-02-2008 09:26 AM      Profile for VicGeorge2010   Author's Homepage       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Good work, whoever did the entry for the Smurfs cartoon show and the episode listings. What I would like to see is a Wiki dedicated solely to the cartoon show itself, providing more in-depth information.

--------------------
VIC GEORGE -- Westfield, MA, USA
"Cat and mouse games really aren't much fun for us mouse types" -- Empath from "Empath The Bandit Smurf"

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 08-10-2008 06:04 AM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I mentioned bigger details in the topic: A Smurfs Wiki Has Been Created.

--------------------

Smurfy1For2
Smurf
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-26-2011 01:08 PM      Profile for Smurfy1For2       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
I have an excerpt from The Smurfs cartoon that has the Tuileries music!!

Tuileries Smurf Music
Episode: The Fake Smurf

Modest Mussorgsky is a Russian composer. He is actually known as one of the "Russian Five", the five Russian nationalist composers. This is the Tuileries movement from the suite, "Pictures at an Exhibition". The suite has nine other movements - including Gnomus.

I will post more of the most popular songs and well recognized music from The Smurfs cartoon here. That way, we can all listen to it and better learn the names of each song!

--------------------
u wished u rocked as i

Peazjelly
Smurf
Member # 3101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-26-2011 01:30 PM      Profile for Peazjelly       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Excellent. And of course the most popular Smurf song would have to be The Smurfs Theme Song.

Smurfs Season Two Intro - US
True Blue Friends DVD

You can watch all of the Smurf theme songs here. There are many different versions.

--------------------
__It's PeazJelly Time

Pinkie
Smurf
Member # 3182

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 01-27-2011 02:47 PM      Profile for Pinkie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
It is smurfy to learn the names of the classical pieces. Thanks!

smurfsatthedisco
Smurf
Member # 4693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-03-2013 10:49 AM      Profile for smurfsatthedisco       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Do you know who composed the smurfs theme?

--------------------
They called themselves Smurfs. They were good

Squeaky Smurf
Hering Smurf
Member # 2416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-03-2013 02:29 PM      Profile for Squeaky Smurf   Author's Homepage  Squeaky Smurf's Figurine Checklist      Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Do you mean, the la-la song? Or the Smurfs intro from the first season?

It was Hoyt Curtin - who had done memorable intro themes for HB productions (eg 'The Flintstones', 'Top Cat', 'Jonny Quest', 'Josie and the Pussycats') - the composer. [Wink]

--------------------

smurfsatthedisco
Smurf
Member # 4693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted 02-04-2013 01:10 PM      Profile for smurfsatthedisco       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote  Post A Reply
Thank you for the information, Squeaky! [Big Grin]

--------------------
They called themselves Smurfs. They were good

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Smurf Picture & File Upload

Email Notification: email me when someone replies.

Current topic is 1 pages total: 1 Printer Version < Previous Topic   Next Topic >

SMURF PICTURES, SMURF WALLPAPER & SMURF ICONS - AND MUCH MORE!
Searching for Smurf pictures? What about Smurf wallpaper or Smurf icons? You can view our menu of thousands of Smurf pics and check out all of our Smurfs merchandise on the main page - click here!
WE HAVE MANY MORE PICTURES OF SMURFS THAN JUST THIS!
If you're looking for pictures of Smurfs, then what you see above is just the beginning of what we have to offer! BlueBuddies.com has thousands of Smurf pics and thousands of smurfy items of interest. To check out the whole gallery visit our main page - click here!
Sign-up for the Smurfs BBS and get a smurfy avatar like this beside your name - click here!
Smurf Search!
BLUEBUDDIES SEARCH
Message Board Search
Advanced Search
Help / Search Tips

BLUEBUDDIES.COM: THE WORLD'S LARGEST SMURF COMPENDIUM
Copyright © 1995-2014 BlueBuddies.com. Privacy Policy: We respect your privacy. Please read our full privacy statement here. Site usage implies acceptance of our Terms & Conditions. Smurf is copyright Peyo. BlueBuddies.com is a Smurf resource neither sponsored nor endorsed by Peyo or its licensors. Want to help make the site better? Then take our smurfy survey here!   Subscribe to our RSS FeedSubscribe to the BlueBuddies RSS Feed.